WHAT IS THE FIRESTARTER PROGRAM?
Each year the Strategic News Service® (SNS) selects up to 25 businesses changing the world with breakthrough technology or positive innovation to be featured at its annual Future in Review (FiRe) conference, in our flagship Strategic News Service publication (the Global Report) and across our private social network, FiReHQ.
Through promotion as top global innovators, FiReStarter finalist companies receive invaluable publicity through global press partners, including the BBC, and form essential business connections with FiRe’s audience of C-level executives, technologists and investors, which has included Vinod Khosla, Elon Musk, Michael Dell, Sheryl Connelly, Vint Cerf, Craig Venter, Paul & Irwin Jacobs, Jen-Hsun Huang, and Barry Diller, among thousands of others.
FiReStarter companies are on the cusp of making great strides in improving our world. As a FiReStarter, you and your business become valued parts of the FiRe community in perpetuity.
OUR SELECTION PROCESS
Our trusted partners in finance and technology submit nominations of companies that fit the program. From these nominations, we perform reviews and select finalists. From there, our panel of judges reviews the company’s pitch at the conference and makes recommendations for who should receive the award. In addition to promoting FiReStarter finalist companies before, during, and after FiRe, we have a follow-up strategy to understand how, and in what ways, these companies have been enhanced as a result of their participation at FiRe.
A review of the 71 FiReStarter companies selected between 2009–2015 shows that
- 90% have either remained in business or were acquired by a larger company for their technology
- Collectively, they have raised approximately $590M post-FiRe participation
- Three are now listed on the NASDAQ
FIRESTARTER FINALISTS: BENEFITS AND FEE
All companies selected as finalists for the FiReStarter program receive the following benefits:
- Four complimentary seats to the 2021 Future in Review FiRe Digital Conference.
- A private pre-event FiReStarter Reception to introduce you and your company to FiRe investors, global media, including the BBC, top-level FiRe partners and sponsors and the FiRe executive team, including Chairman Mark Anderson.
- A promoted company profile for the duration of the competition on our private social network, FiReHQ, including your team, mission statement, current offering, and a recorded pitch.
- Participation by a member of your company leadership in an onstage FiRe presentation, to describe the global need for your company, the solution you offer and to showcase thought leadership in your industry.
- Public announcement of your selection as a 2021 FiReStarter finalist on our FiReHQ platform, outside social media accounts, iNews service, and Global Report.
- A dedicated FiRe team member (FiRe Fellow) to make personal introductions on your behalf with FiRe attendees, press and speakers throughout the conference.
- Four complimentary one-year Premium subscriptions to the SNS Global Report beginning immediately, valued at $895 each.
- Follow-up conversations to review how your company was impacted by its participation as a 2021 finalist.
- Connections to all FiRe 2021 speakers, attendees, and investors before, during, and after the event, via the private FiReHQ platform, as well as the broader SNS network.
Unlike other conference programs for startups, the point of this program is to help and promote finalist companies by delivering maximum value. There is a program fee of $5,000 that cover the costs of participation, due upon your selection as a finalist. This includes the costs of event hosting, content creation and editing, and media/investor liaison activities on behalf of your company. We have done our best to keep the fee low in order to better assist you and increase the ROI of participation.
Companies selected as 2021 FiReStarters will receive the following additional benefits:
- Participation in a virtual award ceremony this fall at the FiRe Digital conference.
- Promotion and publication of a special Guest Letter by a member of your executive team in our SNS Global Report, read by hundreds of thousands in the tech industry (including luminaries like Vint Cerf, Elon Musk, and Michael Dell).
- A permanent company profile on our private social network, FiReHQ, including your team, mission statement, current offering, and a recorded pitch.
- Indefinite promotion and company updates through the tri-weekly SNS iNews™ to all global SNS members.
- Public announcement of your selection as a 2021 FiReStarter on our FiReHQ platform, outside social media accounts, iNews service, and Global Report.
PAST FIRESTARTERS INCLUDE